Yes! Yoga International has a skill for Amazon Alexa! Learn how to set up and use your new Yoga International skill for Amazon Alexa as well as some helpful troubleshooting tips.
To access the Yoga International skill for Amazon, first you'll need to download the Amazon Alexa app. You can download the app on any device that has access to the Amazon app store, Google Play store, or Apple app store. For more information on how to download and use the Amazon Alexa app, visit the Amazon Support Center.
Once you've downloaded the app, follow the steps below to activate the Yoga International skill on your Amazon Alexa:
- Launch the Alexa app and click the three small lines in the upper left hand corner of the app to reveal the app's menu.
- Select the "Skills & Games" option.
- Search for Yoga International in the search bar and click into the skill.
- Click "Enable" to activate the Amazon Alexa Yoga International skill.
- Once you've enabled the skill, select "Settings" and follow the "Link Account" path to link your Yoga International account to your Amazon Alexa skill. * To get the most out of our Amazon Alexa skill, you will want to link your active paid membership. If you do not have an account, or would like to upgrade your basic account to a paid membership, you must do this by visiting yogainternational.com*
- When you follow the "Link Account" path, you will be taken to the mobile website for Yoga International and will be prompted to sign in with your email address and password. Next, select the orange "Link Account with Alexa" button. If you need assistance logging in please visit our Help Center for self service options or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you've successfully linked your account you will get confirmation of the successful account pairing and some suggested next steps.
Now you're ready to use the Yoga International skill for Amazon Alexa!
Using your Yoga International skill for Amazon Alexa
Now that you've linked your Yoga International account, you can access the Alexa skills a few different ways. You can access the Yoga International skill for Alexa either on your Alexa device or through the Alexa app on any compatible device. These options give you access to our meditations anytime you want and anywhere you go.
Common commands to use and their responses:
- "Alexa, open Yoga International." - Alexa will respond "Welcome to Yoga International! Would you like to meditate, take a guided relaxation, or a yoga nidra?" Just tell Alexa which skill you would prefer and she'll automatically pick one from the category you selected.
- You can also tell Alexa to play a specific category and/or time limit. For example "Alexa, tell Yoga International to play a 30 minute yoga nidra practice." and Alexa will choose one of our 30 minute yoga nidra practices. We have practices lasting 5, 10, 15, and 30 minutes so you can ask Alexa to play a meditation for any of those time limits.
- "Alexa, tell Yoga International I'm ready to meditate." - Alexa will select a meditation to play for you.
- "Alexa, ask Yoga International for today's mediation." - Alexa will play the meditation of the day for you.
- If you ever find you need assistance, you can always say "Alexa help." and Alexa will offer some suggestions for how to use the Yoga International skill for Amazon Alexa.
- When you give Alexa one of the above commands, if she responds with "You can access your daily meditation or link your account to unlock all meditations, guided relaxation, and yoga nidra practices. Would you like to play your daily meditation or link your account?" this means that you have not linked your Yoga International account to your Alexa app. Follow the steps provided above to link your account.
- When you give Alexa one of the above commands, if she responds with "You can access your daily meditation or start a free trial to unlock all meditations, guided relaxation, and yoga nidra practices. Would you like to play your daily meditation or start your free trial?" this means your account linked is a basic account and you have limited access (ie: you are not paying for a membership).
- If you want to upgrade your account to get full access: visit yogainternational.com, log into your account, and access your account settings through the profile drop down menu found in the upper right hand corner of the site. Once in your account settings, click into your "Membership" tab and upgrade your account.
- If you already have a paid membership but accidentally linked the incorrect account to your Alexa app: Access the Yoga International skill through the Alexa app, click "Disable Skill" to unlink your account. You will then be able to "Enable" the skill again and be prompted to follow the log in path. Follow the steps listed in the beginning of this article and ensure you are using the correct email address and password to link your active paid membership account.
3. If you're still experiencing issues using the Yoga International skill on Alexa, please visit the Amazon Support Center for more assistance.