Yoga Alliance requires all yoga teachers to accumulate at least 30 hours of continuing education every three years, with a maximum of 20 hours logged as non-contact hours. Online hours count toward this requirement!
Hours from all of our course content (Members Only and Paid) can be used to fulfill the online requirement. Getting credit for these study hours is as easy as logging into your Yoga Alliance account and entering the hours after you’ve completed the conference/course.
**Please note - if you complete your course offline through a download or USB your Yoga International account will not reflect the progress of the course and will not generate a certificate of completion. Additionally, if you're experiencing issues with your certificate please use this article for troubleshooting tips.
Continue your yoga education with any course from the Yoga International library!
If you are having issues submitting your certificate to Yoga Alliance:
We understand that there can sometimes be confusion surrounding how to upload your hours from our courses to them directly, so we reached out to Yoga Alliance directly for guidance on how to best assist our members in uploading their credits. To submit your Continuing Education hours with Yoga Alliance, simply follow these steps:
- Go to www.yogaalliance.org and log into your account.To
- Click "Teacher Dashboard" at the top right.Click “Add Hours” under “Training Hours” on the right.
- Scroll down to select the type of course you completed.
- Select “In person with someone who is not a YACEP.”
- Select “Some Contact Hours” if it was in person or “Only Non-Contact" if it was not in person. Click “Yes” when the system asks if your provider met the qualifications. Important note, all online hours can count for Contact through September 30th due to COVID-19.
- Then your next question it will ask for the instructor’s name. You can list “Yoga International”.
- Click the check box for “I assert that my Continuing Education Provider meets the above requirements”.Input in your “Start Date” and “End Date”, as well as the “Continuing Education Activity” and the “Location” of the course.
- You will then enter in your hours of completion of the course in the educational category chart.
- Click “Assert” and “Save” when finished.
For more information about CEUs and how to log them, please visit this link: https://www.yogaalliance.org/Credentialing/ContinuingEducation